Do you have iPhone GPS issues? If you are experiencing then, Don’t Worry. We are here with some tips to fix your iPhone GPS issues. Mostly, GPS issues occur in small iPhones. These GPS issues are not as common as your Wi-Fi problems or Bluetooth problems. Back when Apple released iOS 8.4, most of the users complained about the inaccuracy of GPS. This same problem goes for iOS 9.3 update. Therefore, today we are listing the different methods that will help you to solve the iPhone GPs issues.
Let us identify some problems and the solutions
- No signal
- Slow in tracking your location
- Not updating your location
- Compass problem or interface
- iPhone GPs accuracy problems
If you are experiencing some of the above problems, then Don’t Worry. Now we are going to list all the possible solutions for all those problems.
Before starting the methods, make sure that your Location Service is on. For this,
Go to Settings>Privacy>Location Service.
1. Toggle Location Services
At first, we start with some tricks that may work. Some of the users informed that when GPS is not accurate or the location is not recognized, toggling of Location Services sets the things in the motion. To do toggling, follow the steps:
- Navigate to your Settings
- Then, tap Privacy
- Tap Location Services
- Now, turn off the Location Services, wait for 15-20 seconds, and turn it back on.
2. Airplane mode on/off
The next process to implement is also very simple. At first, you have to navigate to your Settings and enable the Airplane mode. Then, leave it for 20 seconds, and again turn it back off. If you see “No Service “ error, or experiencing Wi-Fi hiccups, then turning the Airplane mode on/off can fix your issues.
3. Date and Time
You have to make sure that the date, time and time zone are correct on your iPhone. It is logical to select the options “Set automatically”. The process for this is-
- Go to the Settings,
- Tap “General”
- Again, Tap “Date and Time”
- Choose the given option “Set Automatically”.
4. Turn off LTE
According to research, we found that most of the users solved the iPhone GPS issues by turning off the LTE. If the above solutions did not work, then try this one.
- Go to Settings
- Tap “Cellular”,
- Tap “Cellular Data Options”
- Again, Tap “Voice and Data”
- Also, select 3G.
5. Soft Reset
Mostly, the users always forget to reset the soft. However, sometimes, this process works like magic. Don’t Worry, this process will not delete your data. Here is the process to reset your soft on iPhone.
- Press and hold the Sleep or Wake button and the power button at the same time
- Keep holding all these above buttons for at least 10 seconds
- Release the buttons that you were holding when you see the Apple logo.
6. Update the app
If you are experiencing the GPS issues in your iPhone only when you are using a specific app, then make sure that your app is al up to date. For this, just you have to open the App Store, then tap Updates, look and update its latest version.
7. Reset Network Settings
When your GPS isn’t working or if it works, but it isn’t accurate then you should reset your Network settings. Besides, you will have to enter Wi-Fi passwords later on. Process for resetting your network settings –
- Go to settings
- Tap on “General”
- Tap on “Reset”
- Choose the option “Reset Network Settings”
- Enter your Passcode of your iPhone
- Then, again tap “Reset Networks Settings”
8. Update the software of your iPhone
When most of the users complain about the same problems of the iPhone, then a new version of iOS will address the issues and it will bring the fixes. If the new version is available on your iPhone, then install it.
- Connect your iPhone to the power source
- Connect to Wi-Fi network
- Go to settings>General and Software Update
- Tap Download and Install it.
For more info, click- iPhone issues