You can find your Wifi password for the access point if you are connected on Windows 10. This article will help to how to see wifi password in Windows 10.
How to see the Wifi password in Windows 10?
It is very difficult to get the Wi-Fi password. There are many methods to get the Wi-fi password. Using a control panel, we can easily find the Wi-Fi password from the currently connected network. And using the Command Prompt, we can view the information of the current and the saved networks that have been connected in the past.
In this article, you will get the full detailed information/steps to find a Wi-Fi password on Windows 10 with Control Panel and Command Prompt.
How to see the Wi-Fi password in Windows 10 by using Control Panel?
In order to get the password, follow these steps-
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click on the Network and Internet.
- Click on the Network and the Sharing Center.
- Now, on the left panel, click on the Change adapter settings link.
- Double click the wireless adapter you desire.
- Now, click the Wireless Properties button.
- Get into the security tab under Network Security Key and check the characters to get the Wi-Fi password.
These are the steps to find the Wi-Fi password using Control Panel.
How to find the Wi-Fi password in Windows 10 by using Command Prompt?
Command Prompt is also another process to find out the wi-fi password. This will help you to view the Wi-Fi password for the network that you are currently connected to.
To view, the Wi-Fi password follows these steps.
- Open Start
- Search for the Command Prompt, and right-click on the result and select the Run as an Administrator.
- Type command prompt to view the list of the wifi networks of your computer connected at one point in time and press Enter.
- Again type the following command to get the settings including the Wi-Fi password for the particular network and click on Enter.
netsh wlan show profile name=”WiFi-Profile” key=clear
Now, finally, the password will be displayed in the Key content field located on “Security Settings”.
For more information- Pure info